4.05.2011

Planning Mode- Avery's 2nd Birthday!

Call me crazy! But, I do only have exactly 2 months until Avery's 2nd Birthday which will be sometime the first part of June. I am in full planning mode seeing that April & May are pretty much booked up for our family & I don't have much time to plan, play, purchase, & make!



I decided to do her 2nd Birthday in the "Girl Paul Frank". Pretty much anything you see below will be in pinks- (hot pink & light), turquoise, & yellow. I love this little cute monkey & it's the perfect fit for the party which I will tell about after the Birthday. Everything is going to be so easy, but I like the small details. Im so excited to plan this & thought it was something different & unique. I wanted to have a cute "2nd Birthday" theme. So far I have completed invitations, plates, napkins, and a few odd & ends for Avery. I still have some shopping to do!

These are the plates I have purchased for the party & everything will be centered around this look:



I purchased this cute little set for Avery that she will have to eat off of on her special day. I will be making her Birthday hat.



Gotta have the bib!



I have been looking for the easiest option on cake. I can't decide if I want to do a cake, cupcakes, or cupcakes/cookies. Depending on what I decide, I will be doing something with one of the below at our local bakery & it will match her napkins.

CAKES...





Cookies...





Cupcakes...





If I go with cupcakes I have some ideas for cupcake holders/toppers!




So a couple of extra randoms....

I wanna have pajamas for her for the night before so she can wake up on her Birthday in them!



Momma may get some too because they are so stinkin' cute!



This little guy will be given to her on her Birthday morning...



This will be a part of her bow that day in the center, but I am searching for pink! If anyone makes buttons, monogram labels, please let me know! ;)



Finally, I am in DESPERATE search for her Birthday outfit. I don't want anything dressy, just a cute T-shirt dress that has the logo/colors I am doing. I am working with some local shops however if anyone happens to make these, sale them, or know of anyone that does, PLEASE e-mail me. I will be wearing something similar & Chad will have the main "boy" Paul Frank on that day.

If you have any other great Paul Frank info you can provide to me I would love to hear from you!

18 comments:

  1. What a cute theme, I love it.

    Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how fun!!! This is going to be oh so cute!!! Have you tried She She Made. They do AMAZING work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute theme!

    I used Little Monster Hugs for my daughter's bday, she's awesome to work with and so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley I am a 'lurker' who has been reading your blog for a while now. You may actually know my cousin, Robin Harper. Anyways I can't remember if I got her from Robin or thru Kelly's Corner. I LOVE your blog. I read almost daily. Its my 'down' time at the end of the day to sit on the pc a while. You are so stylish, so fun and just an adorable family. Thanks for sharing!!! Avery is GORGEOUS!!!! Just like her momma..

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend Rebekah makes all kinds of fun stuff. She is local to NWA and is easy to work with. I am sure she could make a perfect birthday outfit for Avery. She has an etsy shop called Audrey's Room, but let me know if you want to contact her directly and I will give you her information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the cupcakes are my favorite. You know, cupcakes are the "new" cake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Cute! My little's 2nd b'day is in July and I've already begun planning as well! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a follower, but I LOVE the girl and boy cookies! Especially with the glasses on. That is so cute!!! Cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the perfect theme for a 2 year old's party! It's gonna be so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Target sells Paul Frank stuff..my youngest is obsessed with monkeys and we've bought several things there. But we are in Little Rock..
    anyhow its all really so precious!! I love it, you'll do a great job and she will look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Ashley,
    my name is shelly and i've been reading your blog for a while now! i have a little graphic designer in me and would love to make monogram labels for you! i am not sure exactly what you're hoping for, but visit my blog and let me know if you think i can be of any assistance to you! my design blog is http://beganwithabow.blogspot.com and my personal blog is http://shellann.blogspot.com and my email is shelly.swope@gmail.com. hope you have a lovely day and that avery's birthday celebration is WONDERFUL!!! you're SUCH a great planner/decorator I'm sure it will be FABULOUS!! many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the theme! My mom and I have a small business, really it is more of a hobby, making custom children's clothes. We have never done a Paul Frank Monkey applique, but I'm sure we could. We don't have a website, but we do have a facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Turtle-Feathers/116308901757951
    I would love to make your sweet Avery's b-day shirt. Just take a look and let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your blog and i have a Avery myself who just turned 2 in feb. who also has a identical twin sister :) we did monkeys for their birthday as well. anyway i was wondering if you sold some of the bows you make? i would lvoe to order some from you for my girls....let me know i would love it.
    Thank you!!!
    Meghan
    my email is
    megs6540@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ashley,
    I love your Paul Frank theme. I am planning my daughters 1st bday party which is in June so I have been looking around at things. I saw at Walgreens some little ice cream cones that are bubbles (they would match the cone in the Paul Frank plates). I also saw at Wal-mart little ice cream cones that match the plate as well that I believe are a candy or something. Just a couple of cute things that I saw lately when I looked at your plates it reminded me of.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE IT and can't wait to see pics of the party! Super duper cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice to meet you today at Target (haha)! You are a very sweet person. Thanks for chatting with me!
    Pam ( & Amelia)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hellooooooo. Have you ever heard of SheShe Made? Just wondering. Hint hint:) I hear they make cute birthday outfits. You should see what they could cook up for ya;) Although it may be kinda tricky with Paul Frank being copywritten. But we could def make you a ruffly little tshirt dress number sewn onto a paul frank shirt. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My friend told me about your blog because she knows I'm planning the same party for my little one! She's turning one. I got a Paul frank tshirt and I'm going to make it into a dress. Did you find something yet? I also found some Paul frank ribbon on etsy. Do you want me to make you a bow? Do you want to message me on Facebook? I'm Melanie Nielson.

    ReplyDelete