4.03.2011

Family Weekend & 1000 Followers!

First, I have to say WOW! I can hardly believe that I started this blog about 3 years ago expecting nothing but to have a journal of my life throughout my pregnancy with Avery as well as a "scrapbook" of my life. When I began this journey I knew nothing of "followers". I just knew that you could read other people's blogs although I wasn't familiar with even how to do that or even format them to my page. I just simply wanted family & friends near & far to see who I am as a person inside & out, follow my pregnancy & life as a new Mommy, & to see the fun zest that I have for life!

I want to thank each of you for taking the time to follow my life although I hope you EACH know that I don't expect that or the comments. I do however love them & get a kick out of the tons of e-mails I receive daily & the kind words that you express to me about my life.

I keep it real on my blog 110%. My entire family reads it & I want it to be nothing but ME to the fullest with nothing less. So what you see, you get! Sometimes too much information I am sure, HA! No really, I get a joy out of being honest about my life & the ups & downs I may have. I am no perfect woman, we are all sinners. But my way of looking at life is being positive, enjoying every day, taking in everything, forgetting nothing, building memories, being a good Mother & wife, a loving friend, an honest daughter, a true woman of God, following each day with an, "I love you", blogging EACH & every second, holding my baby girl tight everyday, raising her in church, giving everything my best, expecting nothing in return, smiling alot, & regretting nothing! I think that pretty much sums up ASHLEY! ;) So thank you for reading about me & thank you for all of the amazingly sweet comments & e-mails. They do not go unnoticed.

So with a great celebration of 1000 followers, I had a fun-filled weekend with my entire family. We started off the day Saturday with lots of shopping & running around with my 2 sister in law's who are my best friends. We had a blast at the mall shopping. The girls did so good & didn't fuss one time. Maybe it was the cookies & ring pop that we sugared them up with...? OPPSY!









Following shopping my parents had a big cook out at their house on the lake. It was 78 degree's so we enjoyed grilling out chicken & spending alot of time as a family. Chad's parents were there too! My favorite thing in the world...









My mom bought a basket & some eggs for the girls to find so they could get ready for the Easter bunny in a few weeks!







Speaking of my parents, they have been re-doing a lot of things in their home & started decorating with a modern, pottery barn, very neat & clean look in their downstairs that leads to the lake. I just had to sneak a few pictures before I left to share because it's just beautiful. They aren't finished with pillows, things for the wall, etc... but I had to show you how beautiful these blues/oranges are together. My Mom is so good at decorating, I got it from her!







We had an amazing Sunday that started with church. The fabulous & beautiful Miss Arkansas, Alyse Eady, came to our church to talk about her testimony & life as Miss Arkansas. It was amazing! What a beautiful girl, inside & out!



Us before church!





After church Chad went golfing & Avery & I made our way to his grandmothers house with my Mother in-law, sister in-law, & my niece. We had lunch together all of us girls & it was the most special moment I have had in awhile. To be with my husband's family without him means alot to me. They are like my family. They mean the world to me & I would give the shirt off my back for any of them. The girls had so much fun playing with their Great Grandma Betty. She is the cutest thing!

They colored, played with dolls & blocks, ate ice cream in baby cones, drank lots of juice, being spoiled to the core...






Grandma Betty loves coffee so us girls enjoyed a cup of coffee with girl talk around the table before we left. Perfect ending to the Sunday!



Ready for another great week at the gym- getting ready for a big trip!

6 comments:

  1. Where did your Mom get that rug. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your blog.

    So glad you had a great weekend.

    Have a blessing week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her big flower hat!! Too precious!! :) Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend! Your mother is fantastic at decorating - love those colours together!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the 1,000 followers! You have such a fun blog and I love to read it :-) And your parents house is gorgeous! I love all the new stuff. And I love the little braid in your hair in the pics with the blue shirt on. You look so pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom's rug is amazing! Do you know where she got it? I am a daily lurker that really enjoys your blog style and decorating! Thanks for sharing. Hilary

    ReplyDelete