
I am so thankful for this loving woman. She gives the shirt off her back to help me. During the beginning stages of my pregnancy she was always there for me when I didn't feel well & would bring me soup or cook us dinner. I will never forget the day I had Avery, she wouldn't leave my side. She was there the moment I woke up in the morning & didn't leave until late at night. When I brought Avery home from the hospital she stayed with us for a week, although she lives 15 miles from us. She woke up in the night & would rock my baby girl so that I could get some much needed rest. She took care of all meals & laundry that entire time! She has taken days off work to stay with me when I have been so sick to help out when I could hardly lift my head. My house always somehow ended up spotless!

Mom & I had the typical "teenage" relationship where we didn't see eye to eye on anything like my clothes, style, etc... We never had a horrible relationship where we didn't speak, we just went through some times where we butt heads as most typical teens do with their parents when they live at home. But, the great thing about her is that she stood firm in what she believed, always was there when I needed to talk, would cry with me, & even listen to what I had to say. She always had patience for me when I didn't deserve it. She would always pray over me & tell me she wanted the best for me.

I am so blessed to have such a great relationship with her today where I truly call her my best friend. We talk daily & she helps me in so many areas of being a Mommy & the best ways to do things. She never expects things out of me, but she always likes to give me "words of advice" & for that I appreciate.
Before we left for dinner Avery wrote in her Nanny's card...


Her pretty earrings that I got her, in a big box to trick her, wrapped in none other than zebra.


We had dinner at her choice, Olive Garden! Mom got some great goodies for her special day. My brother & Tiff got her some cute yellow box flip flops & an adorable book. I got her some earrings from this cute store in our area. Dad got her some perfume, a charm for her Pandora bracelet, & afterwards I went with them to Pottery Barn & she bought a few things for their house that she has been wanting. Spoiled by the hubbs??? Just a little...


Tiff & I ordered Petifores from a local amazing bakery that Mom loves. They were so pretty, & good!!!!



We always have such a great time together as a family celebrating our Birthdays each year. It means so much to our family & is that perfect excuse to get everyone together & celebrate another year of life!







Mom, you are one special lady. I know you & Dad read my blog each day so I hope you find joy in this post & know that you are the strongest most loved woman in my life. I'm so thankful for who you are, what you have given me, & the Mom that you have always been. I love you!
How sweet! Sounds like me and my mom!! Also, I laughed...Petifores are my mom's favorite, too. It drives me wacky because i LOVE cake, but don't really care for petifores :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ashley's MOM!! You have a wonderful daughter that I have become good friends with on here and I know you are just so proud of her and Avery and I know how much you are loved by them as well! You are sooo pretty , now I see where Ashley gets her beauty from! Um Ashley LOL are you sure we aren't sisters from another mister, zebra wrapping paper is all me too hahaha I even have zebra stationery, oh you know that you got some from me LOL...hahahah OK so I love those petit fours so spring looking, those earrings are fabulous, yay for all the goodies your mom got, I heart the pottery barn although I wish we hadd one here :( but no worries I just order online haha! You all look so pretty!! Love Avery's bow!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Sums
What a beuatiful post about your Mom. It looks like she had a great birthday with her amazing family!
ReplyDeletePS--Our daughter is almost 13 and we love her dearly, but she and I are definitely in the "butting heads" stage. I get frustrated a lot, but it was nice to read what you wrote about your Mom and the wonderful relationship the two of you have. I hope so badly one day my daughter feels the same way about me, as you do about your Mom :)
Very nice post about your Mom. Cherish the moments you get to spend with her. I lost my Mom a little over a year ago and I miss her so much every single day. I think of all the things she will miss in our lives and it breaks my heart. Never take for granted the ones you love and the time you have to spend with them.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your mom! I just have to tell you that you and Avery are always so adorable!!! :)
ReplyDelete-Jenna
Happy Birthday to your mom!!! Love the earrings you got her and the petifores are adorable! Looks like it was a wonderful party for a special lady!
ReplyDeleteSO FUN! One of my favorite things to do is celebrate birthdays with family...such a special time!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post! It's the best having a 'best friend' type relationship with your mom, I treasure mine every day! Happy belated birthday to your mom!
ReplyDeletexoxo