10.09.2012

Thoughts

Julee posted today on her blog.  I was at a stoplight when I saw it was posted & pulled over in a parking lot & wept aloud in my car.  Avery had school today & while I never love to be away from her I had a little time to myself to just think, cry for my friend, & prepare myself for the funeral myself & 2 of my friends will be driving to attend tomorrow early.  I say "prepare" but I don't think we are ever prepared for something like this.  I have text 2 friends the past several days along with Julee's best friend Jen checking in on her & all I can say is "my heart aches".  Because it literally does.

My friend Kelly posted on her blog earlier about hard times & I couldn't have said it better.  It is so true about life right now.  There are times when I just think I can't handle much more bad news, & something else happens.  This situation has thickened me to the core & made me draw even closer to God than ever in my life.

...God helped me to realize in a quiet time last night that life is going to be like this & without these moments of hardship I am never going to grow.  If my Dad hadn't had his heart issues & now this horrible tragedy with our friend, I would still be skipping around just "enjoying life".  Don't get me wrong, I WANT to enjoy life.  But my priorities just weren't straight.  It's not about who we have as friends, what we wear, what we are able to show.  Life is about much more precious than "stuff"... it's about the legacy we can leave behind like Matt Turner has left behind for all of us, his wife & daughter.  It's about what people can say about you that bettered you towards Christ.   Life is about knowing our purpose for being here, & letting others see your joy of Him & being that light that someone may need on a dark day.

{We never know others situations}  

I know Julee made her way outside of the house yesterday with her best friend Jennifer.  How awful for someone to be rude, un-kind, have road rage, have a bad attitude, be snooty to her, or anyone wherever we go....  And my Dad, we were at Wal-mart the other day & I was telling him while walking through the aisles that it's sad we aren't nicer to more people in society because we never know what others are going through, whether they are sick or even just lost a loved one, had surgery or just got diagnosed with cancer. I told him while we were walking that it would break my heart if someone at the store was hateful to him after what he went through!

 ...My point in sharing this is we never understand other's life struggles & we should each think of how we are in public or our lives before we mistaken a dark moment for someone.  ALWAYS treat with kindness & love that of Christ & take the high road.  I am no miss perfect, but I'm telling you, God uses situations like this through people, (and even me), to share so that this world can try to be a better place.  I am thankful for all I have learned through others testimonies, it's helped mold me into who I am today!

Thank you for all of your prayers there are so many ways you can reach out to help donate to Julee, her daughter & family through many blogs linked to mine as well as local shops.  I will do another post as I continue to hear of all the wonderful things are community is doing.  And please watch Kelly Korner's blog for the letters to Julee.

We will give her a big hug from our amazing blogger world tomorrow.




19 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. Make me cry. This is such a no-brainer, but then again hit me like a ton of bricks because I don't really ever think about it like that. I never have any idea of what's going on in the lives of the people I come across daily...my heart just breaks to think of anyone being unkind to Julee on her brief time out of the house, so that really makes me want to take a deep breath and react in a way that is patient and kind and gentle--the way God would want us to react in those situations.

    My heart just aches for her and her family. I cannot imagine what it feels like to lose the love of your life...my thoughts constantly go back to her every day since I heard the news. She is always on my mind...I pray that God's peace covers her now in a way that none of us could ever understand. I pray that He is wrapping His arms around her constantly. You are such a precious woman--she is so lucky to have you in her life. I love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers.. I realize that is the most powerful thing I could ever do for anyone, especially a friend<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a good post. I think Julee has been on the minds of so many. I do not know her, but follow her blog. I like to read blogs. You learn about people, pray for them, think about them....especially in times like now.

    Thanks for this post! It made me stop and think about all I have to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the tears flow again....

    Beautiful post. Words written in truth, sweet friend. So thankful that Julee has so much support right now (especially close) and will in the days, months, and years ahead. I love being part of the Body of Christ and helping others, in ways such as this, and feel that we should do more of this all of the time. Even with strangers. For we never know when we're entertaining angels. Hebrews 13:1-2 Amazing reminder from one of my devotions today. :)

    Again, so very thankful that we can come together and lift up our friend and sister-in-Christ, and both the Bell/Turner families with prayer, support, and love.

    Big hugs to y'all tomorrow as you travel to be with Julee. Know that I'll be praying for you, too, and am so thankful for your precious heart! Hug dear Jennifer for me, too!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears my Ash, tears! You wrote this so beautifully, with such eliquent, which such heart and soul and with GOD beaming through your beautiful face and words! Julee is so very blessed to have amazing friends like you and Kelly, Jennifer and Melissa, and on and on! She has weighed so heavy on my heart since I got word from your FB! I have prayed and cried and have just felt so terrible as if she was the closest friend! I felt like I know her! I have followed her for four years and as I have become so close with you and Katie and Jennifer and I read Kelly and Julee and we exchange emails or comments, I just felt so broken for her! I have asked my friends who have small business' to donate, I have asked the hubs to contact his friends in PR and local news to see if they can do something as well! I am ready for the auction. Please let me know, Im gonna bid my friend I feel I need to do something! I am also on the mail list as well! Please give her a big hug from me! People can be so cruel! I always say you should always be nice to everyone for you do not know what someone is going through! Shame on the person to not be nice to Julee yeah for Julee for being so nice to that person lol! Last week during treatment I was outside on my phone with wires everywhere waiting on the hubs to pick me up and this older fella thought it was fine to say hey girl you should put that phone down if you plan on driving a vehicle, in the most rude voice ever, I didn't respond, I refused although I wanted to walk right back in the hospital behind him and reveal all my tubes and wires and say does this look like I'm driving anywhere you bleepity bleep bleep lol, but I took the high road, prayed about it and did nothing! Good for you Ashley for posting this, we all need to be kind to everyone, you just never ever know! I am praying for all you girls today and tomorrow and days to come for safe travels and some peace in your hearts as you watch a friend go through so much pain and go through so much pain yourself!

    love you my Ash!
    Sums

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this reminder! We do often get caught up in "stuff" I know I do. This is a huge reminder of our job here on earth and how we can affect others. I will be lifting you all up in prayer tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post. I often say we don't know true joy if we don't know sorrow. Prayers for the Turner family on the worst day for them

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post. I feel like I know all of you girls, even though I'm in little ol' Alabama :)
    Prayers to all of you, tonight & tomorrow & especially in the days to come. There are some WONDERFUL people in this world & you said it right on, we never know what anyone is going through.
    Your faith has been a true testimony to others & it's made me modify some friendships that were a little toxic to the gossip world. I'm actively trying to live the best life I can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing post! Great reminder of the important things in life! Please give Julee a huge hug from all of us following your and her journey. My heart aches for her and Preslee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful and heartfelt post. I have just ached for her and her family and sobbed thinking of her pain. I cannot imagine, and just know that I am praying for all of you and especially in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The past few days have felt like a really bad dream. I've read Julee's blog for years. We both struggled with IF, and we were both due to have baby girls on December 3rd, 2011.

    Your post was so beautiful, the message reminds me of a sermon our pastor preached a few weeks ago.

    Praying for the Turner family and hope they feel the prayers so many people are saying on their behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right about not judging each other because we don't know what they have been through. Those are words we need to carry with us everyday. Thank you for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your words were so true. Praying for Julee, Preslee and the Turner/Bell families. I can't imagine the pain they are dealing with right now. Prayers are going up all over the country for these sweet families. Tragedy in a weird, weird way breeds LIFE..... I'm praying so hard for Julee tomorrow I can't imagine. My heart just aches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful heartfelt post, Ashley, and it's so true. Please hug Julee with all our love. She is so much in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great post! So true!!! Praying for Julee and sweet Preslee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this whole post! Very well said!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes in the moment it's so hard to remember that you don't know what someone else is going through. While I always try to be kind to strangers, sometimes I still fall short (especially when driving) road rage is a huge issue of mine I think this post was just the reminder I needed to keep it in check. Thinking about Julee being out yesterday or someone sick (like your dad) being out while they are healing or any of the other people I know IRL that are hurting and someone being impatient is awful. It seems like such an obvious thing, but it's so important we need to remember to live it every single day.

    Praying for Julee and Preslee and also that you girls that are driving up there today have just the right words that Julee needs to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing post, Ash. You are so right. We never know what fabric makes up the tapestry of someone else's life, why they are the way they are, what they've been through. Everyone needs grace sometimes. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so thankful that some of y'all were able to go. If I wasn't in Cali I would have shown up. I actually watched some of it live online and just sobbed with y'all. I just can't begin to imagine the thoughts and feelings she is experiencing and I hope amidst it all she feels some of the love, support & millions of prayers being sent her way. It is unreal how total strangers can feel such grief for someone. I love the blogging world. There really are still good people out there.

    ReplyDelete