1.31.2011

Finding some red in all the WHITE to come!

So along with all of the red you are about to see, I can't believe we are about to get a ton of white! You heard it... They are calling for a "Winter Blast" in our area. We are expected to get about an inch or more of ice, & anywhere from 6-14 inches of snow. I don't know that I am all that excited, especially because we just spent the whole weekend outside in beautiful 75 degree weather. Wow- that is Arkansas weather for you!



I did however stock up. We hit Wal-mart yesterday & it was craziness. People were everywhere as if the world was coming to an end, gathering up food they probably won't even eat. It is so funny how no one will crack a smile. They are truly on one mission & it's to get "snow food". I just wanted to get out of there to be honest- WHEW!

This was the ice storm we had in 2009 when I was pregnant with Avery.



I can't believe that tomorrow is February! I can't complain though because I think "heart" month is one of my favorites! I love nothing more than all the pinks & reds, sweets, smiles, & fun! I have had my Valentine decor up for several weeks now, (yes, I know- ridiculous)! I have been adding some things & thought I would share my breakfast room table first. I am going to be showing a few pictures of all my fun decor every few days until the 14th. My theme is kind of around feathers this year & they are everywhere in all of my goodies. I love it!

This is a picture before I added some fun feathers, I thought you could see the sweet Valentine sayings better.




Then I added the feathers to complete the look!




I just loved my fun heart plates from Target to complete my place settings. The hearts on the table are also from Target, the $1.00 shop!




In front of each glass is a cute Valentine "saying"...






In each glass there is a cute pink bucket with some heart ribbon along with some fun hot pink & light pink feathers sticking out. I thought it made it look sassy!



In the background of the table you can see some fun heart shaped window clings on the door. This is Avery's favorite thing to play with & something fun we can put up together. It added a cute touch.

So here is to another great month in 2011! Happy FEBRUARY 1st from my little sassy pants!



10 comments:

  1. Your decorations are beautiful. Love the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that tutu is adorable! I love all the valentine's goodies. I'll be sooo curious if we get all the winter weather. I think it's so weird to see "blizzard warning" in the corner of the TV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! You always decorate everything so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decor is adorable, Avery too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous decorations and look at Miss Avery...such a doll! =) ((Hugs)) ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this! Sooo cute!!!

    http://www.cautionblondeblogging.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations are to die for! And Avery's outfit?? Oh my goodness... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your decorations look awesome.Everything looks great. I love the glasses with the napkins adn buckets in them. Where did you get those, if you don't mind me asking. They are awesome.I could use those for several different things. Hope you are survivng the snow storm. We have just gotten mostly sleet and ice up here in St. Louis. Love reading your blog. Look forward to seeing your new posts.Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute photos! The 2009 Ice Storm was crazy. I was stuck in MO. Horribly horribly stuck in MO.

    ReplyDelete