12.07.2010

My Christmas Decor & Friends Giveaway!

It's Christmas Decor time! I finally finished a few weeks ago & have been enjoying every second of it so I thought I would share. But, first I want to share about a giveaway that my good friend Tess is doing over at "After One's Fancy". You will not want to miss out on this beauty.

A little background on Tess. She does wardrobe consulting & is always my wonderful helper. I owe alot to her for my wardrobe. I can always visit her at the store & chat with her & she will have the perfect ideas by the end of our convo. So you MUST follow her blog & see her neat ideas. She defiantly has what it takes to work in LA or NY. She will always have something neat & inspiring that you won't want to miss out on. I just love her!

So here is how you enter...

E-mail Tess at afteronesfancy@gmail.com and mention the word vintage. She then will randomly select a winner at the end of next week... Friday 12.10



So along with some fun glitz & glamour, I decided to post all of my Christmas Decor today & leave it up for a few days & along with the giveway Tess is having.

I really decided to decorate a ton this year. It's our frist year at "our home" since Chad & I have been married, & since we have had Avery. I am stoked to wake up on Christmas morning with my little family of 3 & cook a huge breakfast, listen to Christmas music, watch a few cartoons, drink hot choclate, & open presents from Santa. I don't know why but of all years this has been one of my favorites that I am so excited about. Maybe because I finally feel "me" again after dealing with a little post partum last year with Avery, & I finally feel like I know how to be a "Momma". Also, I had such a wonderful year of growing in 2010 with my husband and amazing family & friends!

Welcome to our home!




Inside, we are going to start with Avery's room! I did a lot of Garland in the colors of her room, made a pretty piece for her door & did her tree all colorful! Her tree skirt is a tutu!










Her bathroom is very special. Every year my grandmother has bought me an angel called, "Mary's Angels". I have always kept them close & collected them. I decided to put it in Avery's bathroom this year for her. We are going to keep adding to the collection!




I also added a fun tree in my bathroom. I love taking a bath with this tree on, it's so relaxing & pretty to look at.




I heart the living room area. My tree is exactly how I wanted it this year. The tree skirt is material from Hobby Lobby. I can't ever seem to find what I want so I made it the same material as my dining room table so it would all match!

I love my fire place area & also the lights above my entertainment center. At night when we watch TV or movies, it's just so warm; just the way I like it!














Next is my entry way. I have always been into Santa's but decided to add a few touches in this area this year.




My dining room is probably one of my favorites. I put a lot of detail into it this year with lots of greens & reds.












Finally, the Kitchen. I always love to have little touches of Christmas everywhere, including my Kitchen!

On top of the refrigerator is what I like to call the, "family initial tree". It has mine, Chad's, & Avery's initial & it turned out so cute!














My breaksfast room is off from the Kitchen & I love this purple tree. We always eat dinner in here & Avery just loves this fun tree.




I hope you enjoyed all of my fun decor... don't forget to sign up to win & my friends blog!

44 comments:

  1. Ashley....I started reading your blog through kelly corners blog. I check daily for updates. You have inspired me so much over the past several months that I have been reading. Whenever I get time I always go back through older posts and try to "catch up" I love everything about your blog! You are truely a godly,inspiring,loving,and caring mom and wife. I am a single mom of two boys and I find comfort in reading your blog. You are so true. You don't hide anything.Sometimes being a single mom can be tough and just reading your blog gives me so much encouragement. Thank you so much for your precious words and the time you put into your blog. It has truely been an encouragement and blessing to me. I will continue to read as long as you continue to post! :) I hope you and your family has a very Merry Christmas! P.S. I LOVE your Christmas decor! I wish I could decorate as good as you but its not something I was blessed with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your decorations are AMAZING!! Next year...I'm calling you to come decorate my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best decor! I wish you could come to my house and decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley you truly warm my heart! I am blessed to have you as a friend. Thank you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your decorations are AMAZING. Puts my house to shame :P Everything looks gorgeous & I love all the little touches you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your decorations are AMAZING. Puts my house to shame :P Everything looks gorgeous & I love all the little touches you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even want to know how many rolls of mesh you used!! Looks amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley, what a sweet post from the above commenter, Tiffany. I know her words had to have touched you. Doesn't it just make your blog all the more fulfilling knowing that you are touching people in such a way?! God uses us in ways unbeknownst to us sometimes - it's always amazing being His vessel. Awesome Ashley! God is good!

    Your home looks so cute and festive for Christmas. I know you just love relishing in it!! Love the purple tree in your breakfast area...the surprise of purple, especially : )

    Soak in all the wonderful joys of the season Ashley! May you and your families continue to be in awe of the goodness of God and the rich meaning of Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it all! So wish I had your eye for decorating! Or have you go shopping with me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! It looks gorgeous!!! You could make a killing decorating houses for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. uh...your decorations are something out of southern living magazine -- gorgeous!!!!!

    next year you come to my house to decorate =)

    love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!~Your house looks AWESOME!!! You should totally be in a Christmas tour of homes! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your house looks Amazing!! I love it!! You are so talented! I have no idea how you get all that put up and keep up with Avery! You're super mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZER! Your decorations are just fabulous! You could make a living off of decorating people's homes! You are truly so talented with decorating and making things such as wreaths, bows, etc. I wish if I had half the talent you do!

    http://cautionblondeblogging.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely Wonderful! Please tell us where you got this stuff!! Also, could you show a tutorial how you intertwine your mesh into the garland and trees?

    ReplyDelete
  16. your house is absolutely gorgeous! you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your decor is PERFECT...can I hire you to come and do my house? I don't have nearly the amount of patience that you do when it comes to decorating. I've had an unfinished wreath on my pool table here for two weeks! I just don't have the "touch" like you do. Your decorating is perfect, not too much, but enough to make it all warm and cozy. I love every bit of what you've done. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Christmas decor is FABULOUS!! You are so talented and everytime I see something new you've created I am speechless! You out do yourself everytime, its always amazing what you create and come up with!! You have such a beautiful home!! Random question, where did you get those tins with the leopard edge and stocking on them! I am baking cookies for friends and those are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You have a lot of energy and I must say a lot of TALENT! Thanks for sharing~~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love love love all your decorations! Looks like your house came straight out of a magazine shoot - beautiful! And you must have some serious storage space in your house - you always have all the best decorations and cute things in your house for every holiday! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How do you get your mesh in your tree? Maybe you could do a video and walk us through it! :)Your decorations are PERFECT and GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your house looks amazing. I love every detail.

    Thanks for sharing your house.

    ReplyDelete
  23. TALENT! You are full of it! Absolutely stunning home and decor!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Umm, I say it all the time, but it's worth saying again, you are one talented lady!! You seriously could have a career in home staging!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I dunno where to begin, your decorating skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!! Ashley, your home looks AMAZING!! I love the colors and decor throughout your home. You are so talented. I hope you are entertaining a lot, because your home and the way you have it decorated for the holidays is a SHOWPIECE. You can tell a lot of love, time, and thought went into it. Thank you for sharing with all of us...what a treat!! Avery’s room, by the way, is just too cute!! My girl's would LOVE it! Happy Holidays! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG!!! Let me just say, you need to be in a magazine girl!! You my (new) friend, have UBER TALENT!!!!!!

    G O R G E O U S!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are amazingly talented and crafty!! I love all the pictures you post of your home. I alway "study" them so I can see every detail. Because of you, I started using the netting stuff and got all new Chirstmas decor this year. Mine is not nearly as good as yours, tho! I love your blog. You seem so sweet and so real and your family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your decorations are beautiful! Snowmen are my favorite and I love the blue colors as well. I agree with other comments, you could definitely be a professional decorator. I would like a tutorial on how you do the mesh, especially on the mantle decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  30. WHOA and WOW!!! Your house inside and out is STUNNING. You are very, very talented and have so many special touches. All of those pictures belong in a magazine - I would buy it :) It makes me want to come inside and share a cup of hot chocolate - so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your house is beautiful! You are so creative! I love it! I need you to come decorate for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love all your decorations!!! So beautiful... but when do you find the time :)
    I wish I had 1/4 of your creativity!!! You should be an interior designer!!

    Happy Holidays from Nebraksa :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Ashley,
    I'm loving your decor. Is that poly deco mesh you are using? It looks fantastic. I'm going to try burlap in my tree this year . I hope it looks half as good as I think it will ha!

    Your place looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas. Have a blessed Christmas!

    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey pretty girl! Um come decorate my house palease LOL....Gurl how much mesh did you use? LOL it looks so fabulous! I love everything! Avery's room is just presh, I would have never thought to use a tutu for a tree skirt but I think I am totally gonna use that idea for Kelcee's tree next year LOL....Love your dining room and all the decor and the leopard print! I am so excited typing this LOL...you really should be an interior designer you are fabulous at it! The outside looks awesome, I am so in love with your wreaths, I may be able to talk the hubs into letting me get one next year! The lightbulb garland is super cute! Everything just looks so warm and festive and I love the angels on the tree in Avery's bathroom and the color trees in your bathroom and eat in area so great!

    Hope you are doing well friend!
    xoxo
    Sums

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ashley, your decor is AMAZING! I don't know how you do it all! I got the cute leopard print tray from Hobby Lobby on Black Friday this year and it was my inspiration for my decor this year to add leopard print in...I love it! I think if you and I went to Hobby Lobby together it could be dangerous..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, you wreaths and garland are amazing!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. hey girl! just found your blog...super cute! i need some of that creativity to overflow to 241 :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. We have the same black armoire! And you are Kelly's friend that throws those amazing parties...right? I love your decor and all that ribbon-y tulle-like stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hey Ash! Coming back to let you know that if you wanted to take a peak into our house to see how our home is decorated for Christmas, here's the link : ) ...

    http://jessicaralph.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-home-decor.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! Your home looks beautiful! So glad I ran across it on Kelly's blog :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi - I'm hopping over from Kelly's Korner. Your decorations are lovely! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ashley, your decorations are amazing and beautiful. you have a fabulous way of decorating and coordinating colors. love it!!! any suggestions on a cabinet i have in my living room that has glass doors on it, 3 1/2 ft. tall, 2 shelves, and marble top with wood sides and wood trimmed doors. i am going to put a nativity scene on the top and want to decorate inside, any ideas? thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete