I am on my 3rd day of this incredible journey of God's grace in my life. It's amazing when you stop & just take out all the wordly junk, what God can teach you. It allows you time to listen & really seek out His word in your life. I have already been reading some scripture that has been helping me to grow & see some things in my life that I have been needing to get straightened out.
The most important thing I have been wanting to grasp while on this journey is well, the Lord. I have been so consumed with business that I have forgotten to make time for Him. I have enjoyed being home a lot & spending time with my baby. Watching her grow & just being in the quietness of "ME". It's been really soothing & exactly what I have been needing. This fast couldn't have come out a better time in my life.
While relaxing this evening I saw this sunset. When I looked at it for about 3 minutes I saw so many things. I saw Jesus' death on the cross for our sins, I saw how he created this earth, I saw his pure beauty, his glory, his love... The beauty of the snow on the rooftops & how he created seasons; & just how there are seasons there are "seasons" in our lives that we will all go through. The tree's outlined in the light of the sun, just the innocents of the light of the world & how it took His powerfulness to create this earth. I was reminded at how at sundown just a few days ago I was entering a journey that would hopefully forever change my life. So far, I am seeing things I never seen before, things that are so simple... & I am so thankful.
During my time with God tonight I was reminded of this verse my mom spoke to me about in Mark 4. It is a parable & talks of "encouraging spiritual sowers". It was such a great word from God for me today & I am thankful for a mother who loves me & knows me enough to share something so strong on her heart.
I hope you enjoy this picture & also see what I see! Praise God today for providing each & every little thing in your life. After all, it's all His anyway!
AWESOME picture! It's so beautiful! Just what we needed while doing the fast to slow us down:)
ReplyDeleteI love the pic! Great post, too!
ReplyDeleteChris and I both took a few extra minutes to savor the sunset today. It was full of God's glory! You've been on my heart this past week - lots of prayer going out to you, Chad, and Avery!
ReplyDeleteThis was such a sweet post. God IS good! I feel so thankful & blessed to finally have my baby boy & he is healthy...we are both healthy & doing well :) Take care Ashley!
ReplyDeleteBon
Thanks for sharing this Ashley!!! That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteGreat post girl! I love seeing God working in your life in so many wonderful ways! It's contagious!!!!
ReplyDeleteawesome post. my facebook status update yesterday was God is good! love the picture and encouragement!
ReplyDeleteGod is so good! ALL the time-thanks for this post and the encouraging words of wisdom. I thank GOD for all He has done for me and my family.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing :0)! That is AWESOME....
ReplyDeleteSummer :0)
Beautiful picture....just like the beauty of God...pure resemblance in everyday living.
ReplyDelete